Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Apathy for Iraq

Is it bad that I just don't care anymore?
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7777352/

Don't get me wrong, I care that our people, and the Iraqi people really, are getting hurt over there. But I don't give a damn what the details are.
Reading every new story telling me about every spat of fighting and who dies and who's just mortally wounded does nothing for me. Except remind me how short-sighted the decision was to start a war over there that we could not finish neatly on our own (if at all).

I never felt we should have engaged in this kind of combat and still don't. If the media has to keep shoving news stories down our throats to get people to "care" and "not forget" about our troops over there, I think it's time to wrap up this Administration's little mission in the sand.

We know war sucks and it's painful and our people are getting hurt. But there's nothign I can do about it directly anymore. Even on election day the role I can play is minimal (though I'll certainly try). So enough with the war stories. How about some news that will make people feel good for a change?

1 Comments:

At 11:43 AM PDT, Blogger Satan's Yam said...

So you're saying I am?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home