Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Welcome to Tuesday

I was in Santa Cruz yesterday for work. ALL day. I woke up at 4am. Caught a 6:30am flight out and then caught a 7:15pm back home. It was my first time seeing the area south of the San Francisco Bay. I took a few photos of the picturesque coast (which I'll share later this week) and realized that the entire town of Santa Cruz basically exists because of UC-Santa Cruz. That, and that everyone there goes surfing after 4pm.


While I was there, I stopped for lunch at the Saturn Cafe, a little vegetarian diner in the downtown area. Damn tasty stuff, that I highly recommend to anyone, even if you aren't a vegetarian.

The thing that struck me the most shockingly about Santa Cruz was how completely "unglamorous" it was. People were incredibly casual, both in appearance and demeanor. (I guess I've already been living in Orange County too long.) Santa Cruz is also where I believe all of the old Volkswagon vehicles go to retire. I saw so many original Beetles and half-rusted and haphazardly modified VW Vans that at first I thought surely there must be some bizarre Volkswagon show in town for the week.


Beep-Beep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home