Monday, February 07, 2005

News in brief

So, my friend tells me a story today about this guy he went on a business trip with. After already reaching the office they were visiting (3,000 miles away), the company asked them to stay for a few days longer. Having only one change of clothes, my friend and his co-worker sent their laundry to the hotel dry cleaners. My friend sent his pants and shirt. His co-worker sent everything.

That night, they come back to their room and find their dry-cleaning ready and waiting. When my friend's co-worker opens his dry cleaning, he finds his white jockey briefs hung on a hanger and starched as hard and flat as a board. Outraged, the co-worker with the stiff undies marches down to the concierge desk to demand retribution for starching his male panties. Holding up the flattened underwear in the face of the guy at the desk, he asks them "Who the hell would do this?" and "I needed to have my stuff cleaned, but why in God's name would anyone think I want my underwear starched and hung on a hanger?!"

They told the co-worker that the laundry staff had already left for the day and there was no one still there that could "re-wash" his jockey shorts.

The concierge offered to have them properly clean the clothing immediately the next day and took the charges off the co-worker's bill. However, rather than have to suffer the indignity that is wearing dirty underwear to a business meeting the next day, the co-worker demanded they find someone to "fix" his underwear that night. And eventually one of the cleanign staff was called to the concierge desk. The co-worker handed over his stiff briefs to the older lady who came and had them returned to him, clean and unstarched within two hours.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home